10:46 AM

It's been such a long time since my last entry, where do I start!?
Even though I was laid off, my husband and I were faced with the fact that I had to get back to work for survival. Luckily my prior boss received an email that was sent out to the entire company from my current boss saying she needed an assistant ASAP. I applied and was offered the job, so I accepted. So far, so good. My new boss is a very cool lady. She really cracks me up and is so caring. She's also very much the micro-manager. At first it bothered me and I would think to myself, "Is it just me, or is she not being very nice...?" Now, I just look at her little sticky notes and chuckle. I've learned that it doesn't pay to make an issue out of every little thing. I even find her notes cute now!
Beginning in November, my grandmother "Nanny" was admitted to the hospital AGAIN for a fracture in her spine. She had a procedure done that didn't completely work out and went into rehabilitation. Well, not only did she not become rehabilitated, she became very ill and ultimately had to have emergency surgery. The surgery was successful and all signs were that she would be OK. She was not. She passed away December 29 th. I am grateful that God gave her the peace that she needed. She was in pain and on pain medication 100% of the time. Even though she could not speak, all you had to do was see the look on her face to know that she was hurting. I will always miss her and love her.
On a lighter note, I am thrilled to report that almost every item purchased for Christmas was handmade! I can't remember the exceptions, so don't ask. Each recipient was so delighted with their gift and commented on how thoughtful it was. It really gave much pleasure to see every one's happiness. I wanted to make all the gifts myself, but with a full time job it's pretty tough. So I just hunted around on Etsy and found something special for everyone! I made and KEPT the handmade pledge!
I am hot to trot for terrariums these days. Low maintenance is the way to go for me. I am notoriously known as the plant killer by those who know me well. They have all learned a long time ago to never ever buy a living thing for me. I forget it's there and requires maintenance. But these adorable terrariums are the answer to my yearning for greenery in the great indoors. Check out the Etsy shop madebymavis here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5836556. There are a few other shops that have them, but this is by far my favorite. The coolest part is the itty bitty houses and such that you can add to your terrarium to really make it your little happy place. These would make excellent gifts for just about anyone too!
My only resolution this new year is to write more posts. So I'll holler at y'all soon!
Tiffany

0 comments: